Melissa Vazquez Swank / Director of Professional Services
Summary of Qualifications
Melissa Vazquez Swank possesses over 10 years of experience in project management and administration. She is an expert in administrative functions of project-related assignments, including overall planning, tracking, and documentation of numerous projects from the project proposal (RFP) phase to project closeout.
In addition to project administration, Melissa specializes in quality assurance and recruitment processes. Melissa is responsible for ensuring the consistent quality of production processes by developing and implementing sustainable practices and leading the proofing and editing of final products. She plays a crucial role in business by ensuring that all products (reports, website, social media, surveys, and newsletters) meet certain thresholds of acceptability. Melissa works to improve the project’s efficiency and profitability by reducing time or product waste.
Melissa’s professional experience, a keen eye for detail, and training qualify her to provide the highest level of project support. She has a passion for accuracy and fact-checking that permeates all aspects of her professional tasks.
Professional Development & Education
- Portland State University MA, Public History/Native American History, 2010–2013
- Portland State University BA, History, 2007–2009
- Professional Services Manager at AP Triton, September 2021–Present
- Owner of 3:17 Associates, Principal Consultant, 2021–Present
- Quality Assurance & Recruitment Specialist at ESCI, January 2020–August 2021
- Recruitment Specialist at ESCI, July 2017–January 2020
- Technical Proofer and Quality Assurance Specialist at ESCI, March 2015–January 2020
- Adjunct Research Assistant at Portland State University, December 2015–2018
- Freelance Virtual Assistant, December 2014–Present
- Project Administrator at Emergency Services Consulting International (ESCI), September 2013–June 2014
- Project Assistant/Fact Checker at the Oregon Encyclopedia Project, September 2011–June 2013
- Project Assistant at The Confluence Project, June 2012–November 2012
- Project Assistant at Chinook Oral History Project, October 2011–April 2012
Note: This is a brief summary of Ms. Vazquez Swank’s CV. A complete version can be made available on request.