Robert W. Nichelini BA, MPA, JD / Law Enforcement Business Unit Leader/Senior Associate
Summary of Qualifications
Chief Nichelini comes equipped with an impressive educational background and extensive experience in municipal governments including roles, such as Police Chief, Fire Chief, and City Manager. Robert is an expert in law enforcement policy development and professional standards. He has a vast administrative foundation involving independent decision-making, budget preparation and management, planning, resource allocation, legal research and analysis, labor relations, disaster preparedness, and problem-oriented policing.
Professional Development & Education
- Doctor of Jurisprudence (With Great Distinction), Oakland College of Law, Oakland, California, 1997
- Master of Public Administration, John F. Kennedy University, Orinda, California, 1974
- Bachelor of Arts, San Francisco State University, San Francisco, California, 1966
Licensure & Certifications
- Attorney and Counselor at Law—Admitted to all California Courts, the United States District Courts for the Northern and Eastern Districts of California, the Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals, the United States Court of Appeals for the Armed Forces and the United States Supreme Court. California State Bar Number 195482.
- California Commission on Peace Officer Standards and Training Advanced, Supervisory, Management, and Executive Certificates
- Instructor Credential in Police Science—The California Community Colleges
- General Counsel and Chief Policy Advisor, Solano County Sheriff’s Office, Fairfield, California, November 2014–Present
- Law Offices of Robert W. Nichelini, Vallejo, California, July 2012–November 2014
- Chief of Police, Vallejo, California Police Department, January 1995–July 2012
- Oakland Police Department, Oakland, California, October 1971–January 1995
Promoted through the ranks to Deputy Chief of Police.
- Colonel, U.S. Air Force. Active duty and reserve military leader.
Associated Professional Accomplishments
- Public safety consultant–Aurora, Colorado theater massacre and City of Isleton public safety assessment
- Assisted multiple California Sheriffs’ Offices with internal inquiries and reviews